Prior to having a child, I used to be a neat freak. Everything was always clean and mostly organized in some way or another. Once I had a kid, that was kind of thrown out the window. Some days I forgo all the daily cleaning in favor of some fun with my little one. Logan will only be little for so long, and dishes will always be in the sink.
Today we went to the aquarium. Logan ran around from exhibit to exhibit, and his excitement was contagious. People kept smiling at him. He touched a sting ray, and he shouted to me, "Mama! I touched his wing!" He just loved it.
I often think that one of the best things about being a parent, the thing I am constantly trying to become better at is to live in the moment. I need to forget about the laundry, the vacuuming, and dusting and simply live. I need to enjoy the little moments and this little person.
Sunday, July 1, 2012
A happy list. Pretty self explanatory, I guess. Rather than focus on the negative, I'm going to focus on the positive. The things that make me happy, but might otherwise go overlooked if I didn't stop for a moment and try to be just in the moment. What made me happy today? Here is just some things:
1. The look on my child's face when he watched the fireworks we bought.
2. Two little friends, fresh out of the the pool, squished in a chair together
3. My soon to be new walkway
4. My precious, cuddly kitties who I am more grateful for each day
5. A calm night time shih-poo puppy, complete with a couple of face licks
6. Impromptu songs about My Little Ponies
7. Getting told that I give "the best hugs in the whole world."
Posted by Justine at 8:26 PM