Monday, July 4, 2011

Naked walls

Commitment phobic. I don't really think most would describe me that way. But I have a deep dark secret.  I have commitment issues when it comes to decorating. All my walls are bare. We have lived in our house for almost three years, and we only have one thing on the walls. That's right...... just one thing. I hope to soon change that. 


Meet blank wall #1. It is a small wall in my dining area that separates the area from the kitchen.


As you can see, it's beige and boring. Please pretend that you don't see those cluttered mismatched frames. But fear not, my friends, I have ideas. Fantastic ideas, because someone else thought of them.


I have a huge love of family photographs. But, I've yet to find an effective way to display them. A wall gallery would solve this problem. 


Here's a smattering of gallery walls that I have been crushing on lately. 


This one? I heart that it adds an accent color. Plus, the chalkboard frame? I wish I could marry it, I adore it so. 
Source: Nesting Place

This picture is from the first home decorating blog, Young House Love, that I started reading. This photo makes me wish for a nice long hallway where I can do this. 
Source: YoungHouseLove
I like this one because all the frames match......
Source: Flickr

and I like this one because they don't. 
Source: House of Turquoise
Finally, for something a bit different and more uniform, I love that these are all equally spaced. 
Source: Parlour
So, what do you think? My mission for the next couple of weeks is to shop around at yard sales to find some really inexpensive frames I love.  Well, to look for frames and for farm related stuff. But that, my lovelies, is for another post. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment