Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tactics

Some nights I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep. Actually, most nights lately. After I go to the bathroom and drink some water, I run through a rather long list of ways to get back to sleep. What do I do when I can't sleep at 2:30 in the morning? Apparently blog, and some of these:

  • I try not to think about the fact that I once heard that ghost like to visit around this time. I'm a horrible wimp. 
  • I just try laying there. I try to empty my mind completely. Every time a thought or anxiety creeps in I         just try to push it away.
  • I count backwards from 100 to zero.
  • I do a mental walk through in my head of my childhood home. I try to remember every little detail I possibly can.
  • I think of things that make me happy.
  • If that doesn't work, I do something for a little while. Usually, I put the tv on or go on Pinterest. I try to avoid Facebook. 
  • I lay back down and if there is no going back to sleep, I wait until it starts to get light and I get up.
Do you ever have sleepless nights? What do you do to help yourself get back to sleep?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate those kinds of nights, they are the worst! And then I just get stuck in glancing at the clock to see how long I have till I have to start my day, which does not help sleep come. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight!

Gia said...

Why did you have to say that about the ghost??? Now I'm gonna be worried about them visiting ME then.

Also, I drink wine. That helps.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

I'm pretty good at sleeping these days...only because I resist it so much and go to bed so late that I just crash...it's kind of crazy actually. I should just go to sleep so I won't have such harsh mornings when my oldest boy wakes me up at 6!!

Hey, I've awarded you the Liebster Blog Award...you can visit me to pick it up! :)

Justine said...

Haha! Sorry! Apparently I have to share my pain with the Internet.

Post a Comment